We are finally here. In France. In the house!
It is all we could have imagined, and much much more… It is BIG and echoey at the moment as there isn’t much furniture in it until the container arrives next week. But that doesn’t matter – it really is one big adventure.
The previous owners are living near by and have been on hand to answer questions about the house as well as living in France. On Thursday we walked around the garden together taking notes of the various trees, shrubs and plants:
– Honeysuckle; Clematis (Montana); roses
– Acer; yew; monkey puzzle; hazelnut; acacia; laurel; Christmas; Japenese maple
– Holly; Magnolia; Lilac; privet hedge; box; copper beach; Rhododendron; roses; lavender; hydrangea; peony
– Sage; oregano; rosemary; curry plant; chives; mint; bay tree
Fruit trees and fruit:
– Apple tree; Mirabelle plum tree; cherry tree; fig tree; olive tree; grape vine; wild strawberries, kiwi, blackberry bush
Next steps are to draw a garden plan as well as work out where the allotment and compost heaps are going to go. My gardening-mad family arrive next week so no doubt they will want to help out! SCH
One thought on “Exploring the house and garden”
Great pics of your garden, Selina.